Plank Background

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Some people believe that Christmas is "the most wonderful time of the year."  I beg to differ!  Fall, indeed, IS the most wonderful time of the year.  The weather is perfect with cool breezes and crisp air. The smell of the first fire of the season burning and leaves floating and cart wheeling from the trees makes me want to get out the marshmallows and graham crackers and go digging through my drawers for my long sleeved t-shirts and Smart Wool.  There is definitely something comforting about this time of year.

We seem to gather together with such ease during this time of year, as well.  There is no rush.  No presents to buy and not a million places to be.  We just get to BE.  And that is a wonderful thing.  We get to dress our kids in costumes and eat their Halloween candy ( a perk of being a parent).  We get to come together for a meal in thanks to God for His love and blessings and for each other.  There really is no better time.

I don't know if my sentiments have changed your mind about what truly is the most wonderful time of the year.  All I know is that whatever that time of year might be for you, that it may be full of the same comforts and joys that I experience during the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment